Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday nights are just the right place for "A Girl in a Coma"

Earlier today, I sat only half way watching the 42" flat screen that I loathe in my living room when I caught a glimpse of my future obsession.


Can you say HOT HOT HOT?!?!?!?!
These girls are amazing!

The lead singer reminds me of a San Antonio, female version of Early Elvis/Morrisey, as a whole they also remind me of a cross between the Distillers and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

According to their Myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/girlsinacoma) The band got their name from an old Morrisey song "Girlfriend in a coma", and is made up of 3 girls.
(Jenn (Bass), Phanie (Drums), and Nina (Guitar/Lyrics)) The story to how these three came to be basically goes by way of Phanie and Jenn spending their teen time rocking out to riot records dreaming of the day they would have their own band. They kept trying to find a 3rd but to no avail. Finally Phanie's little sister Nina (8 years younger) surprised the girls with a song she had written. Needless to say Jenn and Phanie were blown away. Since that time the girls have been working tirelessly touring around. They are currently signed by none other than Joan Jett herself!

I think Girl in a Coma on the Blackheart label is very fitting for these three!

Perhaps one day these lovely ladies will grant me the pleasure of an interview!
(hint, hint)

No comments: