Sunday, August 31, 2008

How can I rock the vote when my vote doesn't even count?

After watching the last two elections and reading up on politics as much as I have, I find it very hard to be re-brainwashed...err convinced that my vote counts for squat!

Everywhere I look people are showing their support for their favorite candidate and talking about Obama or Gov. Palin....Who are you voting for?

My answer is no body. Not this time around. My personal choice dropped out a long time ago and even if he didn't, he wouldn't have had a chance in hell against such a corrupt process.

Growing up in America we are taught that we all have the chance to vote and let our voices be heard. However, it seems to me that during the 2000 elections Bush won and those voices were silenced by the electoral college.

According to Wikipedia,

The Electoral College is a body of 538 popularly elected representatives who formally select the President and Vice President of the United States.[1] The Electoral College is an example of an indirect election.


With that being said, why should I vote? Why should any of us vote? It's not up to us (unless you are a member of the elite Electoral College voters who really can make a choice over the elections).

The next time that you reach into your pocket to donate money to one of these politicians because they butter you up with sugary sweet promises, remember there are people out there starving on the streets.

John McCain's family (wife's income included) was over $6.5mil last year. The Obama family earned roughly $4.2mil.

Not to shabby for a family of four. Yet they have the nerve to ask the common woman/man for money to assist them in getting elected.

I could see them supporting me if I asked them for money to help me get a promotion at my job or to start my own magazine.

Please stop being naive.

We live in a corrupt place during a very scandalous time. I've learned not to believe anyone without getting the full story and from my research as I said before,
the elections are nothing more than a hoax.

Sorry if I upset or offended any of you, but do your own research and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.

No comments: