Thursday, April 9, 2009

Vacation or Curse?



What is normally a vacation for some is not a vacation for us. We are currently forced to stay in a hotel room with our two kids because of a flood that took place in our condo unit about a week and a half ago.

We do not have our clothes or shoes, although we did have to go out and buy more. We do not have our full size kitchen, or our spacious living room. We hardly see the kids even because they are in a separate room than we are. (Although they are somewhat connected.) My ulcer has decided to flair up after several years of being under control, and our son's allergies have seemed to increase. I can't really afford to visit a doctor right now though.

The little bit of money we had managed to put away to the side has now been drained, just like I have, and I can't seem to get much work done.

I can't wait for this whole thing to be over and done with so we can get back to our lives!

Luckily this week the boys are on spring break, so we aren't having to drive them to school at 6:30 am or pick them up @ 4 everyday, but we do still have to travel back and forth to our condo to check the mail so we can stay up with our current bills.
The boys are having to get up 30 mins. earlier each day just to get to school, and now they have less time between getting home and bed time (since they have to go to sleep a little earlier) to spend with us.

I feel like our family life is on pause and every body stays a little more on edge and a little grumpier.

I'm also nervous about going back and getting into our home because of the exposure to raw sewage and mold. I def. don't want to sleep on a bed or use pillows that have toxic chemicals on them. A lot of the clothes that were in our closets were new! I never even had the chance to wear some of them! This whole experience is absolutely ridiculous, but I guess there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

I just have to weed my way through the crap to find it!

No comments: