Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Maybe I'm the one who should be gone?

Inside I'm dying
I don't even know why I'm trying
She says she's not leaving me
as she packs her bags
in our room
I can't seem to get out from under
this cloud of doom

What can you do
when nothing you do works
What's left to try
when you've tried it all
what's left to live for
when life doesn't want you?

I'm taking a breath
before I take my death
Deciding if its worth it
to keep my eyes open
or if the signs on my path
are telling me to exit

I've tried all that I know
and even tried a few ways
that I don't
All it taught me was that
I shouldn't believe in fairy tales
like happily ever after
There's no such thing as eternity
much less eternal love

It's pointless to make a point anymore
There's no use in fighting
to keep things going
when she says she's not leaving
even though she's already gone

I have nothing anymore
and no where to belong.
Maybe this time I'm the one
who should be gone?

No comments: