Friday, August 29, 2008

Reasons for peace

As if anyone should need reasons for peace. I felt the need to remind us of why we should be accepting of one another.

The room surrounds me
swallowing me in
as if food for the universe.

The man on TV yells at me to get his thoughts across
as if to make me believe the hype he is selling.

But I wonder what his life is like.
After the show ends
and the lights go out.

As he walks to his car and reflects on his day.
Does he think about whether or not
his yelling was for the betterment of humanity?
Does he wonder what his wife is cooking for dinner?
Does he count down the minutes before he makes it home
into the arms of his child?

Does he want to hurt anyone?
Or does he just hope to get to wherever he's going safely?

Is he on his way to see a sick relative?
Or to rescue someone in need?
Or does he walk into an empty room
where the only thing waiting for him is a TV dinner?

Is he happy?
Has he suffered?
Does he care if anyone else has?

This is a question I may never know the answer to,
but keeps me from taking it all out on him.

My life has sucked at times.
Gotten harder when I thought I couldn't deal with any more.
But it's not his fault.
Or yours.

We are all on this planet
together
for a reason...
What's yours?

No comments: