Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hydroxycut

For the last 5 years or so, I have taken Hydroxycut on and off. Most recently was for the last 2-3 months. When I made the decision to quit smoking, I was even told by a GNC rep that I should up my dosage to help push the nicotine out of my body. A few days later, my wife came home from California and asked me if I was crazy.

She informed me of the recall that has recently taken place. Apparently Hydroxycut has been linked to at least one US death and caused liver failure among many other things for a multitude of people.

I should have known better than to take anything considering my grandfather died from Phen Fen.

Needless to say I took my "un-used" bottles back down to the store I got them from and received a full refund. Unfortunately, like many other American's, I have no insurance and probably won't know what kind of damage has already happened as a result of this product until it is too late.

If any of you out there are taking this, please stop now! If you have the ability to make it to a doctors office, go and get checked out now!

1 comment:

devansdixon05 said...

Scary! Hopefully there isn't any long term damage.