Friday, May 14, 2010

This Cage

I am stoned
on a Friday,
afternoon
The music lingers
like a cloud in the back of my mind
I'm suddenly becoming harder to find
I tried to lose myself
on a crowded street
but no matter where I went
I always came back to me.
Hard to be anything anymore
I lost my face
Once I was given a number

There's nothing social or secure about it
Am I the only one who
bothers to wonder
How the generation that gave us peace and love
now heard us like we're cattle?
(Don't Shove!)
The world's suddenly in a hurry to reach their doom
I mean destiny
But me I'm a tortoise in this race
I can't let them get the best of me
I refuse to be silenced.
and if they want me gone, they'll have to arrest me.
The things I see
and the things I hear,
just don't match up
Peace and love
are more important than how desperate of a housewife you are
Me, I'll take the life of a farmer
over the need for a suit of armor
Yeah peace and love
It's my favorite drug
and all the rage
Come with me,
let's break out of this cage!

No comments: