Tuesday, December 1, 2009

obsessions

Obsessions are
romantic notions
that I am so important
that I might diet a death
which will leave me immortal

Headlines read
"Amazing soul, tragically lost
to debris of space dust which came crashing through
three stories of a building
only to pierce the skull of victim."

Obsessions are
romantic notions that time marches
ahead just to torture me
while eluding the rest of societies "normal folks".

Although I do no identify with the part of humanity
that can be unremarkably selfish, shallow, and egotystical
my obsessions are what make me just that.

Obsessions are unromantic and unapologetic
the kidnappers and rapists that invade and poke,
and prod
and tease
and torture
while holding me captive in the basement of this life
without the allowance of milk carton pictures
and search parties

Obsessions fill each pore
each cell
each drop of water
flowing through the
anxious veins and arthritic hands
which type relentlessly on calloused fingers
at 2 am with this drunkenly insomniatic mind of mine

No comments: